Sunday 23 November 2014

The House of Rockefeller


"The day of combination is here to stay. Individualism has gone, never to return."

"I believe the power to make money is a gift of God … to be developed and used to the best of our ability for the good of mankind. Having been endowed with the gift I possess, I believe it is my duty to make money and still more money and to use the money I make for the good of my fellow man according to the dictates of my conscience."

"I believe it is a religious duty to get all the money you can, fairly and honestly; to keep all you can, and to give away all you can."


John D. Rockefeller Sr.
TIME Magazine (21. May 1928)



"For David Rockefeller, the Presidency of the United States would be a demotion."


Anonymous joke from the 1970s,

as quoted in The Rockefeller Conscience : An American Family in Public and in Private (1991)

No comments:

Post a Comment