Sunday 19 February 2017

Captain William Scully


Hello, Starbuck. It's Ahab. 

People would say to me, life is short - kids, they grow up fast, before you know it, it's over. I never listened. To me life went at a proper pace, there were rewards until the moment that I knew, I understood, I would never see you again. My little girl. Then my life felt as if it had been the length of one breath, one heartbeat. I never knew how much I loved my daughter until I could never tell her. At that moment I would have traded every medal, every commendation, every promotion for one more second with you. 

We'll be together again, Starbuck. But not now. 

Soon. 

This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream, The mind revealing itself to itself. 
In my vision, I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. 
There seemed to emanate from it a light from within, this gleaming, radiant marble. 
I'd known this place. I had in fact been born and raised there. This was my first return.
A reunion with the deepest well-springs of my being.

Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. 
There'd been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the house's grand foyer, there came a knock at the door. My son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced, a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one. My vision ended and I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future. 

That was my vision of you. 

I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to share it with you. 

I wish you nothing but the very best in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment