Saturday 18 November 2017

Why is a Mouse When it Spins?







The Ancient One: 
You cannot beat a river into submission - you have to surrender to its currents, and use it's power as your own.

Dr. Stephen Strange: 
I control it by surrendering control? 
That doesn't make any sense. 

The Ancient One: 
Not everything does. 
Not everything has to.

Your intellect has taken you far in life, but it will take you no further.

Surrender, Stephen - Silence your ego, and your power shall rise.


I tell people that all the time. 


All the time. 

Especially Scientists, Engineers, Mechanics, anyone who works with money, stocks, or bonds and processes financial transactions; anyone whose dominant patterns of thought are largely preoccupied with numbers, weights and measures and the axioms of classical Euclidian Geometry - they never have a clue what that means, what I just said or what the hell I am even talking about. 

All that they know is The Mathematics, Angles and Ratios, that's all they are able to see and that's all that they think exists. 

Whereas, I fail dismally when it comes to The Mathematics - I understand The Physics. 


I understand The Dead Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment